Seattle Singles Yacht Club is an active organization of single adults who love boating and socializing, both on and off the water. The club welcomes experienced skippers, sailors and crew, as well as those with minimal boating experience.
We are a non-profit, volunteer group with low monthly dues because there is no clubhouse to maintain. Boat ownership is not required; members just love boating. For boating excursions, our skippers share their sail and power boats with non-boat owning members at no extra cost. So, if you are a single adult interested in meeting a great group of people, consider joining the Seattle Singles Yacht Club.
As a member of SSYC, you can have an active life
- Boating raft ups in Puget Sound/ Lake Washington
- Overnight boating weekends
- Sailing classes
- Weekly meetings and social hours
- Weekly happy hours at local pubs
- Sponsored race series
- Monthly dances
- Volleyball Tuesdays
- Fundraising for Northwest Harvest, a hunger relief organization
- Other special events and parties throughout the year
Benefits of becoming a Seattle Singles Yacht Club member:
- Life-long friendships with fun-loving people
- Opportunities to learn or improve boating skills
- For boat owners—a list of eager crew members
- For boatless members—access to sail and power boats
- Opportunities to explore Puget Sound by boat
- An active social calendar
- Maybe meeting that special someone
We have five membership categories:
Skippers in Good Standing—do not pay annual dues nor dance admission. Must be approved by the SSYC Board as a club skipper and will meet all skipper requirements. As a skipper, they sign up members for official SSYC outings. Skippers also can take advantage or our reciprocal moorages with other yacht clubs
Annual members–Dues are $175 per year and include, free meetings and most dances. Members may contact skippers for outings outside of meetings and receive contact information for other annual members. They are also eligible to run for board positions.
Casuals—Pay $10 per meeting attended and must sign up for boating events at Monday meetings. They pay $15 on dance nights, (includes meeting plus dance).
Associate Members— Members who get married while active in the club can continue membership by paying dues and can attend all events, but cannot hold office or vote in elections.
Past Commodores–Membership is free because of their prior service.
Seattle Singles Yacht Club meets every Monday and at China Harbor, 2040 Westlake Ave. N. Seattle. Social hour starts at 7 p.m. with the meeting following at 7:30 p.m. Dances are scheduled for the second Monday of each month right after the meeting. Stop by any Monday to check out SSYC. Just sign in, mingle, buy a drink if you choose and start making new life-long friends. SSYC is a great social and boating club!